You can protect your PC by just following the simple steps below. It won't take much time.
- Connect your Pen Drive or USB drive to your computer.
- Don't choose any of them, Just simply click Cancel.
- Now, go to Start --> Run and type cmd to open the Command Prompt window.
- Now, go to My Computer and Check the Drive letter of your USB drive or Pen Drive. (E.g. If it is written Kingston (I:), then I: will be the drive letter )
- In the Command Window, type the drive letter: and Hit Enter.
- Now type dir/w/o/a/p and Hit Enter.
You will get a list of files. In the list, search if anyone of the following do exist.
- New Folder.exe
- RVHost.exe or any other files with .exe extension
If you find any one of the files above, Run the command attrib -h -r -s -a *.* and Hit Enter. Now, Delete each File using the following Command del filename. ( E.g del autorun.inf ) That's it. Now, just scan your Pendrive with the anti virus you have to ensure that you made your Pen Drive free of Virus.